2007년 3월 11일 일요일

Journal #13

“Even before the selection is over, everybody knows that the left was effectively the ‘schlechte Seite’, the bad side. There have naturally been some irregularities: Rene, for example, so young and robust, ended on the left; perhaps it was because he has glasses, perhaps because he walks a little stooped like a myope, but more probably because of a simple mistake: Rene passed the commission immediately in front of me and there could have been a mistake with our cards. I think about it, discuss it with Alberto, and we agree that the hypothesis is probable; I do not know what I will think tomorrow and later; today I feel no distinct emotion” (Pg 128).

This unfortunate death of Rene made me to realize how little we are. We, humans, are such a fragile and have no power at all. That simple mistake with the cards has made a man to die in the gas chamber, probably more than just one man. It is funny to see how some of us try so hard to be like god. We cannot even choose our destination and everything about us, including birth and death, are purely based on fate, more accurately on God. For instance Hitler and other dictators, weren’t they trying to be god-like? They desired to have controls over all the people and all the nations, and everything had to follow on their own rules and laws. But as we think about it, we are just little puppets compare to the all might God. I think that is the human nature. I believe that there are three essential human desires which are money, fame, and power. Once, my youth pastor told me that having a power over others is like brandishing a sword and killing others in order to gain benefits. Isn’t that what people do when they want to act like god? Some foolish humans desire to be like god so they could be omnipotent and rule the world in a way that pleases them. That is what had happened to Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden, and this issue will arise continuously since it’s a human nature.