2007년 2월 13일 화요일

Journal #0


Even though I heard about the Holocaust and what Jews faced during their lives in the death camps in Germany numerous times, this video was far more incredible and I was able to vividly imagine the surroundings of the horrible concentration camp. One of the things that shocked me was the hypnotized minds of the Jews. The camp has made the Jews to have the fixed idea of “You do me a favor, THEN I’ll do your favor”. The Jews became self-centered and strived for anything even betraying their own mates in order to survive. Everything that was happening in the camp was “matter of life or death”. There were many back-stabbing among the Jews and consequently, there were lackh of trust and reliance to each other. Deception and dirty ruse were the parts of their daily lives.In the video, when the reporters interviewed the SS and German officers that are alive today about how they felt during the Holocaust, I was outraged and couldn’t suppress my anger. The SS said that they did felt little-bit of guiltiness, but they believed that it was right thing to do and still don’t regret about their amoral actions which happened to kill nearly millions of innocent human beings. One of the SS officers said that there was only one thing that he regretted and it was the lack of time that he spent with his family. I thought they all were completely insane or brainwashed since they did not have any consciousness and morality. I was angry at the fact that those SS were still alive and didn’t have to face the consequences of what they did. Among the total of 7000 German SS that tortured and murdered the innocent Jews, only about 800 of them were sued and executed. Thus 90% of SS were never caught and never executed. Even though I’m not a Jew and none of my ancestors were in that horrible predicament during the World War II, I was outraged extremely. Then how would the Jews think? Their ancestors definitely have died or injured greatly from the Holocaust. They might mourn to God about this unjust crisis. I believe that there is a purpose by God behind everything that happens in this universe. I wonder the purpose of this massive genocide of the Jews. This question will absolutely be the first question that I’m going to ask when I meet Jesus.